Join the team
We are looking for friendly, smart, eager individuals who learn quickly and are excited for growth! The opportunities for someone with drive and great ideas are limitless. This is an entry level position at a fantastic company. It requires an individual who is not easily intimidated! It is important to know, that while customer service skills are absolutely essential for this job, so is being tech savvy.
Student Data Coordinator
The Student Data Coordinator (SDC) works with a variety of departments and individuals across a large customer base of schools and districts. The primary function is to support the department of Student Data Services and ensure the accuracy of the student and staff data being collected, stored, and reported. The SDC works closely with school site personnel to ensure the integrity and accuracy of data in the student information systems such as PowerSchool, AERIES, Illuminate, School Pathways, CENTRE or others.
The SDC will pull together the necessary information to set up new schools successfully and ensure a smooth “launch” of each new school and each new school year. Through frequent email and phone communications, information is collected, validated, and produced for submission to various state agencies on a regular and tight deadline schedule. The SDC will process frequent requests for information from school leaders and maintain access to systems through careful management of passwords. Student and staff data will be handled professionally and confidentially.
- Manage the launch process for new schools and/or conversion schools to transition to Student Information System.
- Configure, monitor, and update Student Information System settings for client schools.
- Provide and/or coordinate Administrator and Teacher Training for schools.
- Understand the annual CALPADS and CBEDS submissions.
- Respond to data requests from school leaders, internal staff, and others.
- Understand the state-wide longitudinal reporting system for all students/schools.
- Complete the annual Fall 1, Fall 2 and EOY CALPADS submissions for schools.
- Run various data integrity reports and communicate errors to schools and leadership team on a regular/routine basis.
- Prepare and distribute training materials for clients.
- Complete various data entry tasks with a high degree of accuracy and under time constraints.
- Resolve Help Desk tickets related to Student Information Systems, CALPADS, or similar issues.
- Complete various office management tasks (e.g. xeroxing, filing, mailing)
- Create written documentation (e.g. cheat sheets, how-to-guides, and service level agreements)
- Strong working knowledge of school systems, office routines and procedures.
- Familiarity with state reporting requirements (E.G. CALPADS, CBEDS, Attendance).
- Knowledge of Student Information Systems.
- Ability to learn new software quickly and thoroughly, and to effectively share knowledge with others through phone support, online webinars, or in-person training sessions.
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Type at least 50 WPM with 95% accuracy.
- Must have a valid CA Driver’s License.
Please Feel Free To Contact Us. We Will Get Back To You With 1-2 Business Days.